28 Weeks and Going Retro!

Photos by David Sim

wiiiiii!! time flies too fast and now I'm already at my 3rd trimester! 28 weeks and counting ... oh yeah! those countless kicking, punching, and jungkirbaliking are getting harder! bring it on, baby! HOHOHOHO ... 

Thank God for the easy pregnancy so far, .. it's a blessing!!! during our last trip I was still able to do biking, hiking, ... walking here and there, and of course eating! HAHAHA ... some people was screaming at me when they knew what I did and I took it as their love language to me. It's not that I was trying to play superwoman but I knew exactly that my body was still capable to do all that stuff. On top of that, I did some research earlier regarding to all those activities as safety come first! obviously, it was in preggie pace! and whenever I felt tired, I told abang and we rest .. so overall everything went well during the trip .. encok - encok sedikit ya wajar lah yah! grateful that abang and both families side were very supportive as well, ... "jangan sampe kecapean aja ya, kak"  that's what they always said ..

Baby Diary
according to the apps, what to expect by Heidi Murkoff that I downloaded on my phone, the baby is as big as head of cauliflower! look at you, dede! dari segede biji beras sekarang udah kayak kembang kol HOHOHO .. he was doing okay during our last doctor appointment and looking forward to our next one which is next week, once I come back from Jakarta! yup, this is going to be the last trip for me and after that will be sitting nicely, .. okay maybe not that nicely though! will be sitting and waiting excitingly to welcome our bundle of joy! 

as I mentioned earlier, he's getting more active nowadays, ... and very responsive to both me and abang's voice! it sounds funny and silly sometimes, but I like talking to my baby .. I like to rub my tummy and tell him stories, .. I do talk nonsense things to him as well hihihiihi .. I also expose him to different kind of music, .. in fact while I'm typing right now, he's practicing his dribble I guess inside there hehehe ... oh! last week there was a Manchester United game and as a loyal Man-U fan, abang watched the game while I was sitting next to him and browsing here and there .. you know what, the baby got excited too! from the beginning of the game 'til the end he was moving non-stop! and of course daddy was very happy about that! yeah, I can see how future looks like ...

Diet Diary
my appetite is as per normal but nowadays I always feel thirsty and craving for something fresh! and sweet!!! es teh manis! or juicy watermelon, ... I think it's because the heat in my body as well that cause me thirsty all the time. I discipline myself by drinking plenty of water and sometimes cold water too whenever I feel thirsty instead of taking all those sweet stuff, ... but sometimes you just really want it HEHEHE .. I do my best to control the sugar intake as I know during this period there's a chance for a pregnant woman to get 'diabetes' ... I predict I gain some weight more than previously due the changes of my body, like do'oh  sapa juga yang ga naek berat badannya ..

as for my exercise, errrr, I do nothing! lazy mommy!! basically I still walk here and there, take bus, train ... so I consider that as my exercise! not to forget doing the house core! nyapu, ngepel, nggosok kalo lagi mau HAHAHA ... I still do my stretching and dancing to the music to get myself relax and recharge!! planning to do more exercises in the future like prenatal yoga to help me getting ready for the D-Day!! we'll see HOHOHO ..

Skin Diary
my skin is getting a bit dry lately, especially around the lips. I bring Vaseline Petroleum Jelly in my bag so I can apply it whenever I need it. as for my face, I stick to my usual skin care routine and make sure I apply the face lotion before going to bed to keep my face moisturized all the time as I spend most of my day in aircon room. some zits are showing up too and I let the aloevera gell do his wonders hihihi .. as for my body, I apply the normal body lotion after showering and Palmer's Massage Cream for Stretch Marks for my tummy, thigh, and bust as they are expanding .. btw, i like the chocolate smell whenever I apply the cream :) nothing really extravagant for my skin care routine during the pregnancy .. I try to keep it simple! kalo ga ntar rempong sendiri ya bok!! kebanyakan musti pake ini itu yang ada keder eike ntarannya HOHOHO ..

Fashion Diary
as my bump is getting bigger, it's getting harder to wear my usual clothes, .. I did buy some maternity pants like I mentioned earlier as it designed to support your belly though the usual legging is also good enough for me, but sometimes I feel sick and tired to wear the long tank top as the inner! at the end, I'll be grumpy ... oh well, that's the bitchy side of me! 

"ya gee, namanya juga lagi hamil kan, ... mau gimana donk?! disuruh beli baju ga mau tapi kalo udah kesel - kesel sendiri, .. sini - sini aku bantuin pilih bajunya"  bumil bergejolak, suami siaga bertindak! 

and thank God that he has good sense of fashion! like last week, we had this retro 80's theme in our youth service .. and I was yaelah-pake-baju-apa-nih .. udah hamil tetep mau gaya! bikin repot! HOHOHO .. after sitting in front of my cupboard for hours, I decided to go on the denim colourful style of 80's .. with help from abang too karena istri udah kesel dulan bawaannya! lucky me I still can fit to my usual jeans during this third trimester with the help of belly belt of course hihihi, .. so I paired my boyfriend jeans with abang's stripe tee, denim vest with retro touch, colourful bangles, and that shiny sunnies! yeah baby! let's rock the 80's theme!! 

keep trying to survive and do smart mix and match during this pregnancy period! ganbatte!! hopefully can share more on dressing the bump on the next post .. and looking forward to share stories from our Greece trip too!! in a meanwhile, enjoy your weekend people!! friYAY is coming!!! followed by saturYAY and sunYAY :D


Comments

  1. Gawl abeiss dah bumil satu ini :D hihi..

    ReplyDelete
  2. gua juga dulu ga pernah beli baju hamil loh, bukan karena ga akan dipake lagi, tapi modelnya ga ada yg kece... akhirnya cari baju ukuran XL hahahaha... plus kadang2 pake bajunya suami buat bobo wahahahahaha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha dasarrr ... tapi H&M gitu lumayan juga koq, bu .. ya sapa tau buat ntar anak kedua hehehe ...

      Delete
  3. Kalo emak bapaknya model begini, dijamin anaknya pasti gaul juga hahahaha. *eh tau2 pas pny anak hormon ganti hahaha*. Jangan bingung soal BB, di 3 bulan terakhir itu emang kecenderungan naiknya juara banget, makanya harus bener-bener ngontrol. Syukurnya pas dulu gue di bulan ke 8 dan 9 cuma naik 1 kg 1 kg, soalnya udah diplototin dokter gue hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah tante leony bisa aja kita dibilang model, .. iya model lem tikus yaaa HOHOHOHO ...
      iyaaaa makanya itu bener2 ngontrol nih, leee .. aku takut khilaf! HAHA ... daftar makanan yang pengen dimakan berasanya lebih panjang dari daftar belanjaan bayi hahaha ..

      Delete
  4. akh, makin kece aja kao. wkwkw.. wow. daku masih sebesar apple. hihihihi.. :D lancar2 yaaa gill.. cant wait to see abang junior.. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ih bisa aja nih mujinya! *padahal kesenengan* hihihihihi .. amin amin!! makasih piii ...
      loe juga, piii .. sehat - sehatttttt terusss yaaaaaa

      Delete
  5. hahaha.. bumil tetep kece iiih.. foto2nya seru bangeeet.. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hihihihi makasih makasih *lambai - lambai ala miss universe*

      Delete
  6. Modis eeuuyyy,...g pas hamil, moodnya bawaan malesh mulu....hHahahaah...
    Beli baju menyusui aja Gil ( sekalian kl emang mau breastfeeding nanti), dulu g jg gitu krn baju menyusui biasanya juga modelnya gombrong di peyut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hihihi .. tiap orang beda2 ya bu, ini aja gw kecentilan nih rasanyaaaa ;D
      belom beli baju menyusui gw .. paling ntar pake baju kancing depan aja kali yaaa .. kalo ga ntar aku beli di indo lahhhh hihihi :)

      Delete

Post a Comment