The Old Man's Shirt


when we broke the news about the coming of this bundle of joy, everybody was happy and excited! yup! first cucu, people!! but we could tell that my dad, soon-to-be grandpa was the one who was very excited! after asking zillion of questions of "kapan nih cucu?!" .. akhirnya ya, pa! HEHEHE :D 

when I went back to Jakarta last Easter weekend, he's the one who fetched me at the airport .. as always! and the moment I sat in the car, he rubbed my tummy and said, "de!! ini opa nih!! dede di jakarta yaaaa .. ntar kita makan - makan yang enak ya, de" .. I was laughing all the way since I knew it's the mom, .. yup me! who was drooling for all the good food HOHOHOHO :D

it's good .. nope! it's beyond good and happy to see my father happy! for me, what else do you want to see in live rather than see and feel the happiness in your loved ones? my father-daughter relationship was not that smooth all the time .. being a teenager back then I was so stubborn, rebellious, judging, annoying, .. you name it! there was a time I refused to talk to my dad, even though we were talking I took it as courtesy for being a daughter .. there was a time I pretended to sleep every time he gave me a ride .. that bad!! I made him angry, cry .. said those silly things in front of him that hurt his feeling! I blamed him for so many things! and yet he still love me! as I grow older, I regretted all those things, learnt it hard way, .. tried to fix things, accepted life as it should be, made peace with myself, with my past, ... embraced God's love and received His grace ... and things are so different now ..

I remembered that one day when I was about to get married, I came to my parent's room, lying down on their bed and cried like a little girl telling him that I was tired, scared, nervous, and excited at the same time about marriage life. he just sat there rubbed my hair told me that everything will be just fine as he believe in me, knew that God will take care of me .. and Raimond was the one for me. he said he'll missed me since I'm the bossy one in the house but he knew greater things await for me in the future .. and he was right!

no matter how old I am, I will always be daddy's (not so) little girl HOHOHO .. and talking about my dad means talking about fashion! if I have abang as my current fashion police, back then the old man did the job! yup yup!! "kak, kayaknya kurang matching deh", "kalo panjangan dikit lagi bagus, lebih klasik kesannya", "kurang oke deh! keliatan gendut!" .. so I guess my fashion sense runs from him!

boyfriend's shirt is so last year!! daddy's shirt is the new boyfriend's shirt! I always like to wear his tees or shirt during back then and when it come to #stylethebump, one the most comfy piece is my old man's shirt! you can pair it with legging, shorts, or maybe your dungaree ...

in my 31 weeks pregnancy, I paired my old man's shirt with folded skinny jeans! that's it! that simple! that comfy! especially when the bump is getting bigger and you're getting out of breath easily. this over-sized shirt give you more air and space to move around and being stylish at the same time! yippy!!!


photographed by soon-daddy-to-be

pa, I'll be forever grateful to have a dad like you!! thank you will not be enough to describe how much you taught me so I can be as who I am now, .. your love, prayer, support, ... those hugs!! thank you thank you thank you, pa!! i love you!! i believe dede can't wait to see his groovy opa soon! see you around, opa!! ;)

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. hehehe :) loe juga ga kalah sweet lah man sama andrew and emma :)

      Delete
  2. lu hamil makin cantikkkk.. ngga salah nih gil baby boy? hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ngiauw!!!! tersipu akyu!!! .. beneran baby boy koq, nge :)

      Delete
  3. Ikh.. bener loh gill.. elo makin cantik. tambah cantik. bahkan tambah keren! gua malah kucel. ahahahaha.. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hihiihi makasih, pi!!!! *tersipu2* terus gw-nya juga udah niatin dr awal emang ga mau kucel kali yaaa .. dan puji Tuhan kekabul nih doanya :)

      Delete
  4. Setuju ma Inge, dirimuu makinnn kece lho pas hamil.. Aura nya emang terpancar keluar yesss.. Sampe silo liatnya :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hiihihi amin amin ... *lemparin kacamata item* hihihihihihi ;D

      Delete

Post a Comment