meet GIDE!!

... the life changer!!
YES! I'M A MOM!! A MOTHER! EMAK! IBU! NYAK! MOMMA!!!
two days old baby G

The Commandment
during my last check up, ..
om dokter: here's the situation, you're 1 cm dilated already and the baby is mature enough so there is no point to wait again since your 2 days away to your EDD too. we're concern about your bp. it's still at border line.  so I'm going to arrange appointment for you tomorrow to come back and we're going to insert the tab for induction. some women need 1 tab but some need 2 tabs. don't worry, I'll inform Dr Su regarding to this matter and she'll still be the one who in charge in the delivery process ... You just have your breakfast as per normal then come to delivery suite directly.

me: alriteeeeee *mau pasang muka sok cool tapi ga bisa! ya keleus udah pembukaan satu ternyata* .. but doc, is it possible for me to come a bit late in the afternoon coz I'm waiting for my mom to come. She's taking the first flight though .. *lah ini pasiennya ngeyel! HAHAHA*

om dokter: sure! no problem with that! whenever you're ready just come down here and we'll start the procedure and hopefully by tomorrow night the baby is out 

me: alriteeeee *ga tau musti bilang apa lagi* ...

excited, happy, surprised, yet nervous at the same time!! I was trying to digest everything and made sure it was real since I thought it's going to be another normal check up! but apparently it's a big no no!!  immediately called abang to break the news and the father-to-be was speechless too! HOHOHO

The Induction
indomie for breakfast? checked!
shower? checked!
eye liner? checked!
hospital bag? checked!
arrival of the future grandma? checked!

off we go to the hospital!
the first tab was inserted around 2pm and after 2 hours later it's only 2 cm dilated! oalah!! the second tablet was inserted around 7pm and again after 2 hours it still 2 cm dilated! another oalah moment!! fyi, during those long hours of waiting what I did was sleep - walk - eat - repeat! suer dua jari! HAHAHA ..  and of course with abang beside me!

went back to our room *macam lagi staycation aja ya bok*, hoping to get some rest to get ready for the big tomorrow ... but it only last 'till midnight! I started to feel the cramp! on and off .. and "the show" showed up! called the nurse, being asked about the pain level, and my answer was 4! still bearable for me so the nurse asked me to go back to bed again ..

around 1.30ish in the morning, I couldn't take it anymore! and this time around when being asked about the pain level my answer was 8 to 9!!! OHEMJI!! they did arrangement to send me down to the delivery suite and I even couldn't walk on my own .. tried not to be the drama queen but it was so painful down there! so here come the wheelchair! first time ever using the wheelchair .. it could be fun without the pain though!!

The Execution
bah! macam mau dijagal aje!! HOHOHO ... sekarang ngetik bisa ketawa - ketiwi, pas hari itu mah boro - boro cengengesan yang ada meringis jelek banget!!!

midwife: what type of pain killer do you want to use?
abang: we will try the gas first ...
midwife: okay! when you feel the pain, bring the mask to your nose and mouth, breathe in! when the pain is gone let it go ..

after few moments ...

midwife: do you feel better? the gas will make you more relax and a bit sleepy ..
me: *angguk - angguk mulai teler*

they did another internal check and I really really really hate it!!! they said it's 4 cm dilated!! 6 more to go, Gillian!!! hang in there!! you can do it!! ... they induced me through the drip too but sadly the BP was not cooperating well again, it's getting higher again and it was not good sign! they suggested to give me epidural so I can rest and the BP would go down .. looking at my condition, in pain and half conscious, abang needed to make decision! and he said yes to the epidural!!

due to my high BP, they couldn't immediately inject the epidural. they needed to do some blood test and in a meanwhile I was still depending on the gas! to be honest, I kinda like the high-feeling from the gas! you still can feel the pain but not that bad .. they call it the laughing gas! for me, it's the happy gas!! HOHOHO

it's time for abang to sign the epi consent form and suddenly the midwife saw I was in the position of pushing! another internal check and it's 10 cm dilated!!! WOHOOO!!! it's a blessing in disguise! the rising of the BP and the blood test were just God's miraculous way to buy the time! another confession to make, I was totally half sober so abang recap the story to me. he said it was about half an hour from 4cm to 10cm!! the midwife said no need epidural anymore and they're calling Dr Su in! 

long story short, all I remember was abang holding my hand, "gee, God answer your prayer! you don't need the epidural .. udah pembukaan 10, sayang! you just need to push!! you can do it, gee!" I'm more than grateful to have abang beside me! he was my biggest supporter! non-stop praying and giving words of encouragement through out the whole process! i love you, rai!

.. and the rest was history! after pushing and pushing, ... by the grace of the Lord, our lil man was born on 11 June 2015 at 4.11am, weighing 3,765kg and 53cm in length! Gideon Eleos Praptana, the mighty man of God who will always seek for God's will and direction his life .. and because he has received mercy from the Lord, he will show mercy and compassion to others ..

it's no longer me and him! it's me, him, and another him!! HOHOHO .. words can't describe the feeling when they handed in your baby to your arm!! praise to be the God for all his favor to our family!! it's been two weeks now and recalling to those days, looking at my baby's face .. I can't stop my tears to roll down to my cheeks .. happy tears! joyful tears! grateful tears!! I'm in awe!! :)

Comments

  1. congrats ya gil!!
    baby gide sylish banget nih :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, man!!!! iya kerjaan oma sama auntynya tuh :) hehehe ..

      Delete
    2. wawww.. kayaknya baby Gide malu2 di awal, terus langsung pake NOS melaju ke pembukaan 10 hahaha..
      congrats lagi yaa Geee... semoga mommy n baby sehat, dan ASI lancharrr... selamat juga untuk si abang yang berani banget nemenin disebelah elo terus sampe lahiran *lirik suami sendiri yang kabur begitu ketuban pecah, huh*

      Delete
    3. iyaaa haha .. pinter emang nih si bocah!! :)
      makasih mami grace!!! amin amin semua lancarrrr! iya si abang jd cheerleader sepanjang waktu bersalin .. ya mungkin anak kedua boleh ntar ancem suaminya HAAHA

      Delete
  2. Manggilnya Gide gitu Gill? Aaaa.. Bacanya aja dah bikin terharu lho, apalagi yang jalanin ya.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. iyaaaa .. dipanggilnya Gide :) hohohoho :) tapi kalo opanya manggilnya GD .. terus dr keluarg remon manggilnya beda lagi HOHOHO ..

      Delete
  3. congratz for your baby boy!... baby G udah pake hoodie ajaa..keren euy..hehehe
    btw lahiran di weeks ke berapa?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. makasihh!!!! iya omanya yang beliin hoodienya :) aku kemaren lahiran di week 39 + 5 :)

      Delete
  4. congratz gill! hello baby gide! keren amat 2 days old uda pake jaket ama jeans... jayden 2 days old masih dibedong biar emaknya gampang gendongnya wahahahaha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks mel :)
      hihihihi .. kan biar ketje gituh :D

      Delete
  5. Giiiilll...
    Selamaaaaat :)
    Aku ikutan senaaaang :)

    Semoga sehat2 terus yah, dedek Gide dan mama-nya juga :)

    Daaaan...selamat begadaaang...hihihi...

    ReplyDelete
  6. tes komen..
    Komenku barusan kena moderasi kah Giiil?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. masuk mbak! sampe bannyak!!! HAHAHAHA .. makasih mbak!! :)

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. terharu pas bacanya and congrats again... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. makasih rol ;) .. soon your turn okay :)

      Delete
  9. congrats!! enjoy motherhood.. *pelukk*
    gaya banget baby G! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gak pake Epidural? Wooaahhh *sembah sujud* bisa beli balenciaga donnkk! Hihihihihi.... Congrats again ya Gil and Rai! Welcome baby Gide! Kecil kecil udah gaya nih kayak mamih nya....hohohoho

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hihihi berkat itu, nan!!! maunya beli balen tapi sekarang pampers terlihat lebih menarik HAHAHAHA ..
      thank you!!!! thank you!!! hihihi ntar kita bisa playdate nih yaaa .. macam ibu-ibu hits masa kini :)

      Delete
  11. Congrattttt Gill dan Ray! Welcome Baby Gide! aih, stylist banget deh gide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. makasih tante epi!!!!! salam buat baby C dari Gide :)

      Delete
  12. Congratsss, Gil and Rai!!! Baby Gide gedhe yach hehee tinggi banget 53cm :D
    Luar biasa miracle banget .5 jam dari pembukaan 4 sampe 10cm haha God is cool!
    All the best for the parenthood yach!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wohooo bayinya fashionable banget :D selamaat ya mbak :))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Weeheee! Welcome to the club Mak Gil! hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eh eh kok getoooo sihh *bekti mode on* hahahha telat skalai ako geeleean............ apa kabar ayam jahr ayam cuka dan keramas gak lo nek abis lahiran apa tunggu sbulan dulu? Kangen bangeeettt gw ama elo dan tulisan elooo. Gw kapan update blog donkk ???

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment