Something About Life


Got no diamond, got no pearl,
Still I think I'm a lucky girl.
I've got the sun in the morning
And the moon at night.
Got no mansion, got no yacht,
Still I'm happy with what I got.
I've got the sun in the morning
And the moon at night

Sunshine gives me a lovely day,
Moonlight gives me the Milky Way.
Got no checkbooks, got no banks,
Still, I'd like to express my thanks.
I've got the sun in the morning
And the moon at night.
And with the sun in the morning
And the moon in the evening
I'm alright.


I used to be that girl that completely consumed by what I wanted from the world. The list grew longer and longer. I wanted more money, more shoes, a bigger closet with more clothes, more this and more that, ... never ending of this and that! If I may quote from Madonna's material girl lyrics, .."living in a material world and I am a material girl .. you know that we are living in a material world and I am a material girl" .. yup! that all that matters! but the funny thing about life is - it never goes according to your plan.

Umh, let me get it straight! I still love clothes, shoes, and bags! Yes I do! In fact, I just got myself some pairs of new shoes, an oversize mustard blazer, and a green joger pants in two weeks time! *high five to my shopping partner Remundo!* HAHAHA .. the difference is those things don't complete me. I'm already complete without those things, .. if you get what I mean! berasa bijak! ahay!! *wink* 

As time goes by and you're getting older ... sad but true! bleh! HAHAHA .. again, as time goes by and you're getting older your priorities change! I think I change quite a lot in the past few years and especially after being a mother. I really see things differently. See from different perspective! The world doesn't revolve around me. It's not all about you, .. or me in this case. And it's okay!!! I learn to be more honest to myself, telling that is okay not to be okay coz' life can be so overwhelming sometimes, or most of the times. I learn to be more thankful and content rather than wanting and grumbling about stuff which most of it are not really important! yeah!! I learn not to take things granted. I learn to rebuild my relationship with God. I learn to forgive. I learn to love more. I learn to accept how people love me in their own way. I learn to nurse and browse the internet at the same time. D'UH!! HOHOHO .. I learn to let God be God! I learn to trust God in different level. I learn so many things!! The learning process itself not always as smooth as those baby's butt! apa coba?! And again it's your choice! I can't believe I say these things!! but I'm glad I can say these things ...

Speaking of those as-time-goes-by thingy, I just turned 31 few weeks ago and those pictures were taken on the exact day of my birthday! There wasn't fancy celebration like previous years. And I don't mind at all!!

"gee, taon ini aku ga siapin apa - apa loh ya! nothing fancy! aku kasih tau di awal duluan"
"yaelah! aku juga ga ngarepin apa - apa, rai"
"ya aku ga mau kamu kecewa"
"HAHAHA .. ya ga lah!!! I have you and Gide this year!! it's more than enough for me! and I think this past few months already quite overwhelming for us rite?! no worries bebi"

Again, Raimond being Raimond .. you can't trust him when he said nothing!! HOHOHO ...

"gee, actually I have prepared something for you! three things!!"
"haish! katanya ga ada apa - apa"
"hehehe maksudnya ga ada yang hore - hore ...you can choose from number 1 to 3, semuanya buat kamu sih!"
"alright! i choose number 2 first" 
"okay! it's your birthday dinner! aku udah research mau ajak kamu makan dimana, .. kamu tinggal tentuin kapan dan kita makan di sana"


... the conversation went on and I'm one blessed wife to have this man in my life!! long story short, he cancelled his basketball games telling me that, "I love basketball but I love you more! I still can play next week anyway" .. he took me to Dallas Restaurant & Bar at Sky Garden Suntec City for my birthday dinner, had our quesadilla, ribs, lamb, and not to forget the lava cake with vanilla ice cream my fave!!! and Gide as always in the stage trying to eat his whole hands! HOHOHO ..

Earlier on that day I also got to blow my 'birthday cake', the famous kouign amman from Tiong Bahru Bakery! thanks to you, Keke!!! and on Wednesday, another blowing candle ceremony. Becky brought a big chocolate cake for me. Thanks, Beck!!! Received greetings and birthday wishes through WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram! and I'm more than blessed!!! thanks everyone!! 

I have everything that I need in my life! I am save and sound in God's love! I'm blessed with my little family of three! I'm surrounded by love! I'm grateful. I'm alright! I still have lots of to-do list, want to go here and there, want to have this and that .. but again at the end of the day I learn to be grateful for what I have and enjoy my life!! There will always thousand and one reasons to be sad but hey I'll never quit!! There were times I feel defeated but I promise myself to get up again! Knocked down but not knocked out!! Rocking my 30's journey with style!!! Who's with me?!



Got no butler, got no maid.
Still I think I've been overpaid,
I've got the sun in the morning
And the moon at night.
Got no silver, got no gold,
What you've got can't be bought or sold.
I've got the sun in the morning
And the moon at night.

Sunshine gives me a lovely day,
Moonlight gives me the Milky Way.
Got no heirlooms for my kin,
Made no will but when I cash in
I'll leave the sun in the morning
And the moon at night.
And with the sun in the morning
And the moon in the evening
I'm alright.

Comments

  1. Happy belated birthday, Gill! Semoga sehat, bahagia, banyak rejeki!

    Beneran deh kalau udah jadi ibu, prioritas bisa ikutan berubah. Bahkan untuk soal hadiah aja, yang tadinya lebih ke pemenuhan kebutuhan pribadi, berubah loh jadi pemenuhan kebutuhan keluarga hahaha. Somehow kita jadi lbh selfless and don't regret it at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. makasih, le . amin amin amin ..
      iya beda banget ya rasanyaaaa :)

      Delete
  2. happy birthday ya...
    ada anak berasa idup ini lebih komplit ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. makasih, man ;) .. iyaaa lebih seru!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teellaatt....happy belated birthday, funky mummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha .. ga papapaaaaa .... makasihhhh nan :)

      Delete

Post a Comment