Tip-Top


The top of  a building is one of my favorite objects while taking photos. I like the idea when the skyline meets the building. I don't have any particular reason for that, I just like it! And being an amateur photographer combined with cylinder eye problem aka astigmatism, I often get a complain from my hubby, .. Yup it's not in line! Miring! HAHAHA ...

While browsing the 'top photos' from our Melbourne trip, I am being reminded about this passage in the Bible telling about two men building their houses. One built his house on the rock and the other one built his on the sand. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew beat against the houses. The one did not fall but the other fell, and great was the fall of it. I bet you all know which one which. 

As a human, we tend to aim for the highest position, to be on top, to have the power .. and nothing wrong with that. Indeed we have to aim for the best in our life, ... but often we forget to lay a firm foundation. Otherwise we'll topple down easily just like the house that built on the sand. 



Hebrew 11 (MSG) says, 
1-2 The fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. It’s our handle on what we can’t see. The act of faith is what distinguished our ancestors, set them above the crowd.
By faith, we see the world called into existence by God’s word, what we see created by what we don’t see.
I am building my foundation in faith. Faith to the One who creates Heaven and Earth! There are and there will be sunny and rainy days or even stormy days but I'll hold on the unshakeable foundation. I'm far from perfect but again I'm being reminded it's not because of me but because of Him who enable me. 

What about you? What's your foundation? 






 "The sky's the limit for our future - but first we must lay the groundwork"
Unknown

Comments