God, Gide, and Me


We were having dinner with our guest speaker that night when he asked me this question, ..


"What aspect that change you as a mom?"
"All aspects! My life is never be the same again ever since I gave birth to my son"
"What about your aspect in your Christianity?"
"Umh, .. I learn a lot about God's love! The verse that saying we love because He first loved us really come to my understanding"
"It's amazing, isn't it?"
"Yes, it is!"

Love.
People talk about it, write song of it, go crazy for it, even make fun of it! Something that can make someone's world go haywire, turning this world upside down. Nowadays it so cheap yet so expensive. Some are even selling it! It's another commodity to be traded on. Love oh love!

Brought up in a Christian family, I always knew that God's love is marvelous. It's big! It's superficial! It's crazy! It's the reason that He came down to this world, died on cross to save us from sin. He loves me that much even when I was still a sinner. I got these points! And yes I did personally ask Him to become the savior of my life. I've been living and enjoying His love through my life. Yup! Pretty much I know about His love. But I was wrong! Totally wrong! I know nothing!

Gide joined our family and boom!
That's the point where I learn more about love. About God's love! Re-learn!

Unconditional love.

For the past 17 months, I have a new deeper perspective about love. It's more than just rainbow, glitters, and unicorn. It also about hope and sacrifice. Whoa! My mind was blown away through this journey and the best is yet to come. I like this quote from Robert Browning, “Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.” Thanks to you, Gide! Oh! Thanks to you too, God! Thank you for making me a mom! :)

Love never gives up. Love cares more for others than for self. 
Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have. Love doesn’t strut,  
Doesn’t have a swelled head, Doesn’t force itself on others, 
Isn’t always “me first,”
Doesn’t fly off the handle, Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn’t revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always, Always looks for the best,
Never looks back, But keeps going to the end.

The Way of Love - 1 Corinthians 13 : 3 - 7 MSG

Comments

  1. bener banget... kita baru bisa ngerasain unconditional love setelah punya anak ya..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iya baby change everything ya, including our relationship with God..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment